The following are podcast series and talks available from Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick, produced by Ancient Faith Radio.
Quick links: Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy | Foundations of the Orthodox Faith | Orthodoxy and Ecology | Orthodoxy and Evangelism | Voice from Antioch: An Ignatian Catechism | Meeting the World: Taking the Gospel Into our Times and Places | Orthodoxy and Localism | Orthodoxy and History | Interviews
Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy: What are the differences between Orthodox Christianity and other religious traditions?
- I. Heterodoxy & Heresy (introduction) – originally presented Sept. 27, 2009
- Part 1: Understanding the Terms
- Part 2: The Essentials of Christian Doctrine
- Handouts: Outline (including Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy quick references)
- Part 1: Papal supremacy, papal infallibility, and the filioque addition to the Creed
- Part 2: Purgatory, indulgences, and more
- Handouts: Outline, Dictatus Papae
- Part 1: Sola Scriptura
- Part 2: The Remaining Solas (Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria)
- Part 3: Specific Denominations
- Handouts: Outline, Protestant Divisions, Sola Scriptura
- Part 1: "Believer’s baptism" over against infant baptism, anti-sacramentalism, the "invisible Church," etc.
- Part 2: Denominations that formed after the Radical Reformation, as well as two studies in ecclesiological inheritance (Restorationists and Adventists).
- Handouts: Outline, The Trail of Blood
- Part 1: Personal conversion, individualism, and private biblical interpretation.
- Part 2: Lecture continuation.
- Part 3: Holiness movement (including Pentecostalism / Charismatics), mega-churches, dispensationalism, fundamentalism, liberalism, and the "emergent" church movement.
- Handouts: Outline, Theosis in the New Testament
- Part 1: Judaism, Islam, Druze, Zoroastrianism, and Baha’i.
- Part 2: Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Sikhism, Wicca, Neo-paganism, Modern Gnosticism, and Scientology.
- Handouts: Outline, Sunni/Shi’a Islam Comparison
II. Roman Catholicism – originally presented Oct. 4, 2009
III. The Classical/Magisterial Reformation (Lutherans, Calvinists, Reformed, Zwinglians, Anglicans, Episcopalians, Methodists, Wesleyans) – originally presented on Oct. 11, 2009
IV. The Radical Reformation (Anabaptists, Baptists, Brethren, Amish, Mennonites, Moravians, Restorationists, Adventists) – originally presented on Oct. 25, 2009
V. Modern Revivalism (Pentecostalism, Charismatics, Evangelicalism, Emergents) – originally presented on Nov. 1, 2009
VI. Non-Christian Religions (Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Sikhism, Wicca, Neo-paganism, Zoroastrianism, Modern Gnosticism, Scientology, Animism) – originally presented on Nov. 8, 2009
VII. Non-Mainstream Christians (Swedenborgians, Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Unitarian Universalists, Christadelphians, Christian Science, Unification Church ("Moonies"); also includes series conclusions) – originally presented on Nov. 15, 2009
Foundations of the Orthodox Faith: Four major themes in Orthodox Christian life, for both the beginner and those already familiar with the faith.
- I. The Mystery of Christ: Part 1, Part 2
- II. Scripture and Tradition: Part 1, Part 2
- III. The Worship of God: Part 1, Part 2
- IV. Christian Life in the World: Part 1, Part 2
Orthodoxy and Ecology: Orthodox Christian theology and the created world.
- This Holy Earth: Ecological Vision in the Cosmic Cathedral: Part 1, Part 2 (Bucknell University)
- Cosmic Cathedral: Orthodox Liturgy and Ecological Vision (St. Tikhon’s Seminary, from the Orthodox Spiritual Life and the Environment conference)
- A Divine Ecology: An Orthodox Christian Vision for the Environment: Part 1, Part 2
Orthodoxy and Evangelism: Bringing the Orthodox faith to every person on Earth.
- Churching the Nation: Part 1, Part 2 (download: Orthodox Gospel tract)
- As Unknown and Yet Well Known: Introducing the Orthodox Church in American Culture
- An Introduction to God: Encountering the Divine in Orthodox Christianity
Voice from Antioch: An Ignatian Catechism: Major themes in Orthodox Christianity from the writings of St. Ignatius of Antioch.
- I. Martyrdom: Part 1, Part 2
- II. Salvation in Christ: Part 1, Part 2
- III. The Unity of the Church: Complete
- IV. The Bishop: Part 1, Part 2
- V. The Eucharist: Part 1, Part 2
Meeting the World: Taking the Gospel Into Our Times and Places
- I. Meeting the World: Taking the Gospel Into Our Times and Places: Part 1, Part 2
- II. A Peculiar People: Orthodox Christian Identity in a Hostile World: Part 1, Part 2
- III. A Divine Ecology: An Orthodox Christian Vision for the Environment: Part 1, Part 2
- IV. The Transfiguration of Place: An Orthodox Christian Vision of Localism: Part 1, Part 2
- V. Doctrine Matters: Why Orthodoxy Isn’t Just Orthopraxy: Part 1, Part 2
Orthodoxy and Localism: A vision for true community.
- Orthodox Christians and Place (“Home, Community and Church”)
- The Transfiguration of Place: An Orthodox Christian Vision of Localism: Part 1, Part 2
Orthodoxy and History: The stories of the Church in time.
- The American Orthodox Catholic Church: The first attempt at a multi-ethnic autocephalous Orthodox Church for America, led by Archbishop Aftimios Ofiesh (interview with Matthew Namee, host of the American Orthodox History podcast)